Any car collision can leave a driver perplexed about handling injury or property damage claims.

It might be much more difficult to ascertain who is responsible when an accident occurs on private land.

Knowing the fundamentals of Wyoming traffic accident reporting and personal injury legislation might help you start the claims process more confidently.

You can contact the qualified attorneys at Freeburg Law if you require legal advice about your rights.

How to report a property accident

A driver involved in a private property collision in Wyoming must notify the accident and the nearest authorities as soon as possible.

They must do so if the accident entails the following:

  • Bodily Injury
  • Either death or
  • A total loss of $1,000 or more in the property.

On the other hand, private roads are not included if the driver does not have express or implicit permission to be on them. The reporting legislation does not apply if the road is not open to the general public.

However, proving liability without an accident report may be difficult.

Do insurance policies cover accidents on private property?

Your insurance should cover accidents on private property up to the limits of your policy. You should follow typical post-accident procedures after an accident on private land.

State law may not require it, but this could include a call to the police. Report the collision to your insurance company, obtain the names and contact information of any other drivers involved, and photograph the accident area as best you can.

Furthermore, even if the accident had nothing to do with them, you should contact the property owner as soon as possible. It’s worth noting that some private-property incidents may result from the owner’s negligence.

This means that a dispute could involve at least three parties, emphasizing the importance of an accident report for liability considerations.

How Do I Determine Which Party is at Fault When an Accident Takes Place in a Parking Lot?

It can be challenging to establish parking lot liability. It usually comes down to two factors: whether both automobiles were traveling simultaneously and which car had the right-of-way. If only one car was traveling at the moment, determining fault is simple.

The moving car’s driver is at fault as long as the non-moving vehicle was legally parked or stopped.  Nevertheless, it is a fact-specific decision when both vehicles are moving who has the right of way.

An official accident report can help your claim a lot in this situation.

Leave a Reply

Back to top button